Monday, February 18, 2008

Mya Heads to Broadway...I Mean Chicago!

Mya is heading back to her past, so to speak. She is set to play in long-running revival of the Broadway Classic, "Chicago". However, she's not just some extra chorus girl, like she was in the movie!

Ms. Harrison will be starring as the cohort of Roxie Hart, the naughty, Ms. Velma Kelly. She will replace play veteran Bianca Marroquin. The R&B Star is on a vigorous workout which includes, Cardio, Strengthening, Muscle and good old Stretching!

Mya As Mona in the Big Screen Adaptation



There are some who criticize her singing capability, but don't fret, she proclaims, "I Have gone through all the material with the shows musical director and everything is suited for my key." She exclaimed. "We don't have to do any transposing. It's perfect."

For Mya, this is a dream come true for the budding star, "It's something I always wanted to do; sing, act and tell a story."She told the Associated Press. "It's probably the ultimate complete dream for me."

She begins her nine week Broadway debut at the Ambassador Theatre. It starts right after my b-day, May 12th (shouts out to the Tauruses) and ends on a unlucky number, June 13th (I love you too Geminis!).


No comments: